Wednesday, June 10, 2015

We can't be trusted with superpowers

Humans. How often when we read, watch and imagine about superpowers, we will be longing to have such powers.

To be honest, up until today, I still wish I am a waterbender so that I can summon the rain when I want, to seperate water from my newly washed clothes so that I will not need to worry if it rains or it will smell. I can cool that hot cup of Vico when it is almost the time for Fajr while taking my sahoor.

If I am an earthbender I can lift myself up to my fourth floor room. I can just walk barefooted and detect whether there is people or not around me. I can rearrange tiles in the toilet while waiting for a vacant closet.

Of course the one superpower I am longing for is to be an airbender. I can walk up and down the stairs quickly and fly anywhere. Then I can beat my friends for cross country.

What wonders could I do.

But then I realised that there is a blessing in disguise humans not having superpowers.

For instance, if we have the power to read minds such as Charles Xavier in the movie X-Men, what do you think people would do?

Fight the ISIS? Or would you use it to find out what your crush thinks about you? Will you ask for permission to read other people's minds? Will you cheat in your exams?

I doubt even 1 out of 10 person granted this power will use it wisely and ethically.

You see? Nowadays people are making more advanced technologies for what? What is the purpose when people start innovating aircraft?

For war. Don't you ever deny that fact.

Why people reasearch on how navigate without a map namely using a GPS?

For war. Much later that technology is used by laymen.

Most of our research is war-oriented. For destruction. Therefore, what will you expect people will do once they have superpowers like in the movies and anime? Use it for good?

I really doubt it. When we have power over another person, most of us started to abuse it. Take Rohingya, Israel, Political leaders or any type of bad bosses for example. They have the power to stop what they are doing but they don't.

However, we always forget that we do have some significant powers. We have the power to make someone smile. We have the power to make someone's day a bright day. You have the power to reduce poverty by contributing to charities. We have the power to propagate unity amongst humans.

And we also have the power to make all the opposite of what stated above. Use your power wisely.

What we do here, with our powers, will be questioned by the Almighty one day. Really.

So you think if General Fatah As-Sisi dies today, he will be free from all his bad deeds here on earth? No he won't. So won't you.

No comments:

Post a Comment